Business Excellence Award - This award is open to all Chamber members who have been operating for 5+ years. the nominee has demonstrated excellence in business operations including marketing, sales, customers service, human resources, financial management, environmental practices, etc. The company is clearly viewed by peers as being a leader in business excellence and has demonstrated the best aspects of the entrepreneurial spirit. This company should have a strong track record of community involvement and support.
- MacDonald Insurance & Investments – Dan MacDonald
- Markan West Inc. – Edward Kenny & Wayne Ellsworth
- O’Leary Building Centre Ltd. – JD Sullivan
- Tignish Co-operative Association Ltd. – Darren McKinnon
- D & M Tools – Denis Gallant
- Shirley’s Café – Shirley Harper
- Saunders Variety Ltd. – Jerry Saunders
Emerging Business Growth Potential Award - This award is open to all Chamber members companies who have been operating less then 5 years. The nominee has achieved outstanding business performance in a short period of time and has demonstrated exceptional promised of continued growth. This company serves as an inspiration for other new businesses.
- Albert & Crown Pub & Eatery - Kirk Ramsay & Nick Webb
- You Move Physio – Amy & Geoffrey Irving
Community Impact Award
- Vote Online now for this award! -
This award recognizes the organizations or individuals that have made an outstanding contribution to the economic, social and cultural well being of one or all of the communities in western, Prince Edward Island. This nominee does NOT need to be a Chamber member but has positively impacted the community and demonstrated a commitment to making a difference and sees social responsibility as an integral part of business success.
- Community Hospitals West Volunteer Program – Andrew Ramsay
- Western Region Sport and Recreation Council (Go West) – Sharon Horne
- PEI Angel Dresses – Mindy Ashwood with Mindy’s Pins & Needles
- Community Inclusions Ltd. – Kevin Porter
- Knutsford Women’s Institute – Fairley Yeo
- Evangeline Central Credit Union
Best Website/Social Media Marketing Award - Open to all Chamber members. Has a well organized website structure and easy to understand navigation. Must have relevant, engaging and appropriate content for the intended audience. Makes good use of available social media to reach target audience and uses media creatively to tell story and engage audience.
- Green Gable Alpacas – Janet Ogilvie
- Backwoods Burger – Erica Wagner
- CBDC West Prince Ventures Ltd.- Maxine Rennie
- ERC Concepts Ltd. (Rev. W.J. Phillips Residence) – Colleen Parker
Chamber Ambassador(s) of the Year Award - The Chamber Ambassador (s) are extremely important to the promotion of the West Prince Chamber of Commerce. They will serve as a liaisons between the Chamber and members to encourage meaningful participation in the Chambers activities. They will ensure the Chamber is meeting new members needs, build member commitment and increase member retention. Ambassadors will reinforce the value of Chamber membership and continually promote Chamber to community and make members feel comfortable at Chamber events.
- Dean Getson – Career Development Services
- Geoffrey Irving – You Move Physio and Mill River Experience
- Maxine Rennie – CBDC West Prince Ventures Ltd.
Lifetime Business Achievement Award 20+ Years - This award recognizes and celebrates the achievements of a business person in the West Prince area as demonstrated over the course of his/her career – including community leadership, excellence in business, and a vision for future development and growth. Specific Criteria included are not limited to: Long term business success; created and maintained employment in the community; demonstrated and recognized community commitment; demonstrated adaptability and flexibility in a changing world, innovation business strategies; recognized business leader and role model.
- Stetson Electric Ltd. – Ewen & Wilma Stetson
- D & M Tools – Denis Gallant
- H.F. Stewart & Son’s Ltd.- Stephen and Sandy Stewart
- West Isle Enterprises Ltd. - Rod MacNeill
- Amalgamated Dairies Limited – Brendon Arsenault